- Poverty alleviation through employment generation
- To enhance and provide skill to the trained youth for sustainability and better quality of life
- To provide market driven employment opportunity for marginalized youth with low education.
- Intensive mobilization of youth in neighboring village and towns and build capacities to take up training programmes focusing on employability and entrepreneurship opportunities, which is of an enormous advantage to them.
- Design and develop detailed curriculum for the identified trades/services with potential and scope for employability.
- To facilitate on the job training in specified areas and identifies industries.
- Training on personality and life skills development including confidence building.
- Create a network of agencies and necessary linkages in the vicinity of the centre for placement.
- Create a data base on the trainees and establish a well equipped placement centre with forward and backward linkage at the state level
- Ensure quality checks at every stage with strict monitoring and supervision
- Facilitate placement of the trainees
- Form and strengthen alumni association of the pass out
- Create a blue print for replicability ensuring flexibility for catering to the local need and demand
- Link the demand driven training to placement centres
Delivery of training –Approach;
- Selection of trainees is done by taking into consideration the trainee’s interest for acquiring a particular skill or multi-skilling and the desired future use of the skills; consequences of dropping out of the course in these cases is almost nil.
- The training content covers just 10 to 25 per cent of the time to theory; focus is on the most effective method of imparting training – the practical hands-on approach. Other methods adopted are, demonstrations, repetition and trial and error, and on-job-training (OJT) for live-environment experience in institutions, enterprises and with private agencies.
- Training curricula is practical, ideally in local languages and, to the extent possible, suitable for illiterate trainees wherever the literacy level of trainee mattered (ie), included more visual presentations / pictures.
- Program focus equally on technical skills and personality development of candidates. Besides quality technical skills (theory, practice and on-job), training module include a significant amount of inputs on personality development like spoken English, communication skills, mannerisms etc. required to meet the market demands.
- Program include a regular interface with local business industrial and other potential employers for course development, training methodology, placement and building backward and forward linkages.
- On the job training and apprenticeship are an integral part of all training courses. This help candidates understand job requirements and environment better to enable them to make right choice in choosing jobs.
- All candidates are provided with both pre and post placement support as well as hand-holding and linkages under the program.
• Conscious effort to include girls and young women in training programmes, to at least 30%.
• Support facilities and measures including hostel, transport facilities to encourage participation of this gender, in the training.
• The pool of women trainers is being increased.
• Public and private employers are being encouraged to employ increased number of female apprentices.